Friday, September 2, 2011

After the Purge

So, I have been on this epic, maniacal purge the last three days.
Here is the final list of what I'm bringing back to school with me:


  • 2 cardigans
  • 2 blazers
  • 1 faux leather jacket (I need a real one...really soon...so that I can get rid of this one.)
  • 1 fall jacket
  • 5 pairs of jeans
  • 1 pair of faux leather pants (Real leather pants would be nice...)
  • 6 pairs of shorts (Which will be sent home as soon as the weather takes a turn for the worst...which, in Boston, will be sooner than I would like.)
  • 3 skirts
  • 6 t-shirts
  • 6 tank tops
  • 7 long-sleeved shirts
  • 2 dresses
  • 4 scarves
  • 8 pairs of shoes (This is probably what I am most proud of...the amount of shoes I had at school last year was utterly ridiculous.)
Given the fact that I came back from school with countless garbage bags full of clothes and shoes, I feel quite proud of myself for being able to fit all of my clothes in one large suitcase, this year! :] I managed to get rid of 7 garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, and accessories that will be given to the Vietnam Veteran's Association. I think I might singlehandedly be able to clothe the entire underprivileged, female population of northern New Jersey. 

Purging everything has become so ingrained in me, now, that I have gone through (what I thought was) my final choices at least twice to really edit them down to only what I truly needed/wanted. Anything that I questioned for even a second was gone. I actually think I need to slow down a little...otherwise I won't have any clothes left!!! 

Tomorrow, I have a bridal shower at my dad's house. After spending the whole week worrying what I was going to wear, as I purged, I realized that, with such limited choices (after the purge was over), choosing an outfit wasn't that hard! I have a bunch of pieces that I really like, now, so putting them together was a cinch! 

What I'm wearing tomorrow: 
  1. Long-sleeved denim shirt with the sleeves rolled up, tucked into...
  2. ...a black faux leather skirt with suede paneling, paired with...
  3. ...Balmain-esque, black leather, high-heeled sandals. 
  4. Oh, and probably my little pony hair, animal print clutch from Urban Outfitters.
If my sister takes a picture of my outfit, I'll try and post it here! 

Au revoir! :]  

No comments:

Post a Comment