Friday, September 23, 2011

What To Wear?

I am in such a predicament.

I don't know what to wear for my cousin's upcoming nuptials (Thanksgiving weekend) and the longer I endlessly vacillate about what to wear, the more likely it will be that I just buy some cheap frock to wear, instead of something I really love.

Tonight, I thought I had found le LBD parfait!
James Perse - stretch crepe-jersey dress

I love the off-the-shoulder style, the 3/4 sleeves...I am in love with this, but it's $135 and it's simply a cotton dress with a little bit of elastane. Is it worth it? Part of me says it definitely is, but the poor college student in me is screaming loud enough to give me pause (and my roommates vetoed this, at once, but I don't think they understand that I'm trying to look for quality and not just a dress from Target--not that there is anything wrong with Target). I was so excited when I first saw this dress--my heart was literally racing, as stupid as it sounds--but the price is slightly off-putting. I mean, I have a job, now (FINALLY), but it's $8.50/hr for four hours a week...not exactly the big bucks. :/ 
Je ne sais pas. 

My other option might be to splurge on a silk shirt from Equipment (which would put me back about $200) and wear it with my Zara pants and nude leather pumps. It would look something like this: 

Wedding Outfit #2

$188 - shopbop.com
$60 - zara.com
£545 - harveynichols.com
£1,045 - matchesfashion.com
$150 - creaturesofcomfort.us
$24 - nordstrom.com
$21 - modcloth.com
£9.90 - johnlewis.com



Obviously, in a perfect world, I could have the YSL nude clutch, but, as it is... I just don't know if this look would be too casual for the wedding? Plus, not only would I need to buy the shirt (which doesn't even come in the proper color/style--'Brett'/black--that I want, so why should I spend the money on an imperfect shirt?), but I would also like a gold belt (the pants need the belt!) to match my gold jewelry. And a nude clutch would be nice... I think I'll scour the secondhand shops around Boston and look for a suitable (and cheaper) silk shirt. And I was planning on buying a black leather belt for the pants, anyway (and returning my flat ankle boots from Zara)...

Why does this have to be so hard???


No comments:

Post a Comment