Wednesday, September 21, 2011

L'essentiels: TOPS

Basic Shirts



Rag Bone stripe shirt
$255 - lagarconne.com

T by Alexander Wang racerback top
$88 - boutique1.com

T by Alexander Wang loose shirt
€79 - jades24.com

T by Alexander Wang shiny top
$74 - revolveclothing.com

Forrest Bob sheer shirt
£10 - my-wardrobe.com

J Crew slouchy tee
$30 - jcrew.com



The most basic of basics, in my opinion.
I feel these don't have to be expensive, either.
For example, I had a white v-neck from H&M that I wore to death--literally, as I'm currently lacking one.
Although, I can't help but love Alexander Wang's T line...so nonchalant-looking.




Silk Shirts

£245 - oxygenboutique.com
$220 - net-a-porter.com
$207 - revolveclothing.com
$207 - revolveclothing.com
$200 - net-a-porter.com
$178 - revolveclothing.com



Simple, yet luxurious.
I'm obsessed with Equipment's 'Brett' top

Breton Shirt

Breton Shirt by cmelb13 featuring a stripe shirt
$95 - lagarconne.com
$70 - lagarconne.com



The epitome of French style is also one of my go-to clothing items (my three survived the great purge!). 
I have ones from the Gap and H&M, right now, but I plan on buying these Saint James versions ASAP. 

Sweaters

Sweaters by cmelb13 featuring a boatneck sweater
$450 - net-a-porter.com
$385 - stylebop.com
$170 - bloomingdales.com
$98 - net-a-porter.com
£80 - uniqlo.com



These are pretty much my idea of the perfect sweaters. (A cashmere breton sweater?! Perfection!)
All of them are cashmere, save for the J. Crew fisherman sweater. (I live in Boston during the winter...cashmere is essential!)
As you might have guessed, when choosing a top, I usually go for a v-neck or boat neck. I despise crew necks--I really look quite terrible in them. I can handle boat necks, but v-necks are my absolute favorite!





The other two essential tops, for me, would be a white tailored shirt and a light blue tailored shirt: 


(J.Crew)






No comments:

Post a Comment